Brazilian Minor Travel Authorization - Simple Steps & Requirements

Table of Contents


What is it?

The travel authorization for minors in Brazil is a legal requirement for children under 18 traveling abroad alone or with one parent. This document ensures that the minor has the necessary consent from their guardians or parents to travel internationally.

Who needs it?

This service is essential for parents or guardians of minors under 18 years old who are planning to travel internationally from Brazil. It is especially useful for those with dual citizenship children or in cases where the minor is traveling with only one parent or a third party.


  1. Obtain the travel authorization form from the Brazilian Federal Police or consulates.
  2. Have the form filled out and signed by both parents or legal guardians.
  3. Procure notarization of the authorization form.
  4. If applicable, have the document translated by a sworn translator.
  5. Submit the notarized and translated document to the Federal Police or appropriate consulate.

Required documents

  • Valid passports of the minor and parents/guardians
  • Birth certificate of the minor
  • Travel itinerary or flight information
  • Notarized and signed travel authorization form
  • Proof of guardianship if applicable (e.g., court order)

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • Travel authorization is mandatory for minors under 18 traveling abroad.
  • The form must be notarized and may need translation depending on language requirements.
  • Check with the Brazilian Federal Police or consulate for the most up-to-date requirements.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides