Streamlined Name Change Service in Ecuador – Quick & Hassle-Free

Table of Contents


What is it?

Our name change service in Ecuador provides a streamlined process for individuals looking to legally change their name. From initial application to final approval, we handle all the complexities to ensure a smooth transition. This service aims to remove the burdensome bureaucratic hurdles involved in name change procedures, making it easier and faster for you to adopt your new legal name with confidence.

Who needs it?

This service is ideal for Ecuadorian citizens or residents who need to change their legal name due to marriage, divorce, personal preference, or other legal reasons. It is also beneficial for anyone facing complications with their current name that may impact legal documents, employment, or personal identity. Additionally, LGBTQ+ individuals seeking to change their name to better reflect their gender identity will find this service especially supportive.


  1. Schedule an initial consultation with our name change expert.
  2. Gather the necessary documents as outlined in our guidelines.
  3. Submit your application and required documents to the Civil Registry.
  4. Attend the scheduled interview or hearing, if required.
  5. Receive the name change approval notification.
  6. Update your personal documents (ID, passport, etc.) with the new name.

Required documents

  • Original and Copy of Birth Certificate - Obtainable from the Civil Registry.
  • Valid Identification (Cedula or Passport) - Ensure it is updated and valid.
  • Marriage or Divorce Certificate - Required if the name change is due to marital status change.
  • Proof of Residence - Utility bill or rental agreement.
  • Proof of Payment - Receipt of the application fee payment.

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • The process may require multiple visits to the Civil Registry offices.
  • Specific legal changes, such as those for minor children, might need additional consent forms.
  • Application fees vary based on the complexity of the case.
  • Translators may be needed for non-Spanish speakers.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides