Get Your Mexican Permanent Residency Permit Easily

Table of Contents


What is it?

A Mexican Permanent Residency Permit allows foreigners to live indefinitely in Mexico. It is essential for those planning long-term relocation, enabling them to stay without time restrictions and gain significant benefits such as employment eligibility and social services access.

Who needs it?

This service is ideal for expatriates and foreign nationals planning to relocate permanently to Mexico. Whether you’re retiring, working, or uniting with family, obtaining a permanent residency permit simplifies legal living in Mexico. It’s also suited for individuals looking to benefit from Mexico’s lifestyle and opportunities.


  1. Visit the Mexican consulate in your home country to apply for a residency visa.
  2. Submit the required documentation and application forms.
  3. Attend an interview if necessary to discuss your intentions and qualifications.
  4. Once approved, travel to Mexico and complete the entry process.
  5. Within 30 days of entry, visit the local immigration office (INM) to finalize your residency permit.
  6. Provide additional documentation such as fingerprints and photos.
  7. Receive your Permanent Resident Card within a few weeks.

Required documents

  • Valid Passport: Ensure it has at least 6 months of validity.
  • Application Form: Obtain and complete the permanent residency application form from the consulate.
  • Recent Passport-Sized Photos: Typically two photos with a white background.
  • Proof of Financial Stability: Bank statements, pension statements, or proof of investment.
  • Proof of Legal Stay: If applying from a third country, provide evidence of legal status there.
  • Criminal Background Check: Generally required for specific applicants.

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • Processing times can vary; it’s advisable to start the process well in advance.
  • Applicants must provide translations for documents not originally in Spanish.
  • Your local INM office may provide specific forms and additional requirements.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides