Military Status Certificate in Paraguay - How to Obtain It

Table of Contents


What is it?

The Military Status Certificate is an official document issued in Paraguay to confirm an individual’s military service status. This certificate demonstrates whether an individual has completed, is exempt from, or is currently enlisted in compulsory military service as required by Paraguayan law.

Who needs it?

The Military Status Certificate is essential for Paraguayan males who are of the mandatory military service age. It is also required by anyone seeking certain employment, educational opportunities, or official documents that necessitate proof of military service compliance. This certificate can also be important for naturalized citizens or those with dual-nationality.


  1. Visit the nearest military district or online portal for military services in Paraguay.
  2. Fill out the application form with your personal details.
  3. Submit the completed form along with the necessary documents (proof of identity, birth certificate, and proof of address).
  4. Pay the applicable processing fee (if any).
  5. Wait for the verification process, which may include a background check on your military status.
  6. Once approved, collect your Military Status Certificate from the designated office or receive it via mail.

Required documents

  • Birth Certificate: Obtainable at the Civil Registry office.
  • Proof of Identity: A valid Paraguayan ID card or passport.
  • Proof of Address: A utility bill or rental agreement confirming your residence.
  • Application Form: Available at military districts or online portals.

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • Processing times can vary depending on the workload and accuracy of submitted documents.
  • Check for any fees that may apply at different stages of the application process.
  • Some exemptions exist for individuals with medical conditions or other qualifying criteria.
  • If you are living abroad, you may require attestation or additional verification at the consulate or embassy.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides