Peruvian Military Status Certificate: Requirements & Procedure

Table of Contents


What is it?

A Military Status Certificate is a document issued by the Peruvian Government confirming an individual’s compliance with mandatory military service requirements. It is often required for various administrative purposes, including job applications, higher education enrollments, and other legal documentation.

Who needs it?

Individuals who are of eligible age for military service in Peru, typically males between 18 and 30 years old, and are seeking employment, higher education opportunities, or need to comply with legal or administrative requirements within the country.


  1. Visit the nearest military office or the official governmental website for military services.
  2. Fill out the application form for the Military Status Certificate accurately.
  3. Submit the completed form along with the required documents to the military service office.
  4. Pay any applicable fees associated with the certificate processing.
  5. Wait for the processing period, which may vary, and then collect your certificate from the office or receive it via mail if applicable.

Required documents

  • National Identity Document (DNI) - Obtain from the RENIEC office or its online platform.
  • Proof of Address - Utility bill or bank statement showing the current address.
  • Birth Certificate - Available from the local civil registry where the birth was registered.
  • Any previous military documentation if applicable, such as service enrollment or exemption papers.

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • Certificates must be regularly updated depending on age and specific instructions from the Ministry of Defense.
  • Failure to present a Military Status Certificate when required can lead to administrative penalties.
  • Exemptions are available under certain conditions, such as for individuals with disabilities or those who have completed equivalent forms of service.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides