How to Obtain a Single Status Certificate for Marrying Abroad

Table of Contents


What is it?

A Single Status Certificate is an official document that verifies an individual’s current marital status as single. It is often required for legal processes, including marriage, in foreign countries.

Who needs it?

Individuals planning to marry abroad, particularly in Peru, or those needing to establish their single status for legal purposes will benefit from this service. It is essential for expats, diplomats, and travelers requiring legal validation of their marital status.


  1. Visit the local civil registry office in Peru or your home country.
  2. Fill out the application form for a Single Status Certificate.
  3. Provide necessary identification documents and any required forms.
  4. Pay the applicable fees for processing the certificate.
  5. Wait for the document to be processed and issued. Verification times may vary.
  6. Retrieve your Single Status Certificate and authenticate it at the appropriate consulate if required.

Required documents

  • Valid passport or national identity card - Obtain from your local government office.
  • Birth certificate - Request from the local civil registry where your birth was registered.
  • Completed application form - Available at the civil registry office or online.
  • Affidavit stating your single status - May need to be notarized.
  • Proof of residence - Utility bills or official government correspondence.

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • Processing times can vary based on the office and backlog.
  • Some countries may require an apostille or consular verification for the certificate.
  • Fees can vary based on your nationality and local office regulations.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides