Certificate of Residence in Poland: How to Register

Table of Contents


What is it?

A Certificate of Registration of Residence is an official document that serves as evidence of a individual’s legal residence within a particular city or district in Poland.

Who needs it?

This certificate is required for any individual planning to stay in Poland for more than 90 days, regardless of their nationality.


  1. Fill in the registration form. This can usually be found in city councils or downloaded from their websites.
  2. Gather all the necessary documents (detailed in the next section).
  3. Submit the form along with the documents to the appropriate city council office.
  4. Pay any necessary fees.
  5. If everything is in order, the council will issue your registration certificate.

Required Documents

  • Valid Passport/ID.
  • Rental Agreement/Proof of address.
  • Documents confirming a valid reason to stay in Poland (e.g. employment contract, school acceptance letter etc.).

Providers that can do it for you

(We are currently curating the best providers. If you are or know a provider, please contact us or edit the page directly)


Additional details

  • A Certificate of Registration of Residence is not the same as a Residence Permit, which is required for non-EU citizens planning to stay in Poland for more than 90 days.
  • Check with your local city council to verify their specific requirements and procedures.
  • The certificate doesn’t offer benefits like social assistance or the right to work. For these, other dedicated documents/permits are needed.


Improve this article by using the contact form or editing it through our open-source GitHub repository: tramitit/guides